Cookies are an essential part of the Web and are necessary for the working of the majority of websites including this one. Unfortunately cookies can be misused and have been misused by a small number of companies. This misuse has aroused public suspicion of cookies as a whole but has also resulted in a lot of misinformation about cookies.
There are several possible uses of cookies, most of which are for your benefit:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of a website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of a website.
- Analytical cookies. These are cookies that allow website owners to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around a website when they are using it.
- Functionality cookies. These are cookies that are used to recognise you when you return to a website. This enables the website owner to personalise content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These are cookies that are used to record your visit to a website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to make a website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. Targeting cookies may be shared with third parties for this purpose.
I may collect and process the following data about you.
Information I collect
You may give me information about you by filling in the contact form on this website or by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise. Such information is kept for the minimum time necessary to complete the correspondence.
If you become a counselling client, I will keep contact information so as to contact you to arrange or rearrange sessions. This information is kept until counselling is complete although I allow up to 3 months grace period in case I discover that I need to communicate with you again.
I keep notes on counselling work to aid the process and maintain continuity of the work. These notes are kept for 3 years after counselling ends, in accordance with UKCP guidelines.
I collect anonymous technical information about the performance of the website. This contains IP addresses for diagnostic and hacker-detection purposes. This is kept for one month.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information you have requested about my counselling services
- to carry out my obligations arising from any counselling agreement entered into between you and me
- to administer my website and fixing problems by troubleshooting and testing.
Disclosure of your information
I may have to disclose your personal information to third parties in very exceptional circumstances if I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
I do not share information with anyone else and do not send out marketing information. Information is kept purely as required to provide a professional counselling service to you.